Saturday, September 15, 2012

Art projects in the works

 My new art journal is ready. Glued pages together then gesso...
 My latest endeavor... preparing vintage linens for a "fresco painting" learning what works and what doesnt
 New Old linens, you can never have enough... I love the grey and lavender colors
 While at a thrift shop in Big Bear, there was a basket full of linens and hankies...what a find!
I did a drawing on paper, copied it on our printer, added gel medium, left it overnight and rubbed off
the paper...I've never tried this kind of transfer, worked great...now its ready for color!

Now I cant wait for next week...I can start working on my many art projects!
It was 109 here today, thank goodness for air conditioning.!
I'm afraid to look up Vegas to see how hot it is going to be next weekend...ugh

No comments: