Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Another Square

pocket canvas. I cut the birdcage from a cereal box and painted it, the charm with a rose paintedAnother pocket on canvas. I cut the birdcage from a cereal box and painted it, the charm with a rose painted on watercolor paper and soldered, little vintage flowers and buttons, a nest made from from heavy thread. On the top is another clip on chalk board. I used fabric for the pocket, adding a strip of vintage lace, the little bird is cut from wool that I dyed
Here is a close up, I will be listing it in my Etsy
I wanted to share this with you. Stacey has never really asked for one of my birds, she was dying one of her tops and she asked if I had any wool to dye. I pulled some out, then she asked for my pattern and made herself a little bird, she has this vintage Viking glass, she dyed the lace and found this little tu tu stuff to put around it...how cute is it!!

I wanted to play around with my super macro...couldn't help enjoying the flowers that are blooming
Love all the stripes
Little tiny daisy's

2 comments:

Denise Riches said...

Hi Laurie...love your art and photos. Beautiful flowers!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a great day!

Barbra Joan said...

Laurie, you asked about my palette and the reason you don't recognize it is because it's a Tom Lynch ceramic palette, but I have taken the photo with 3 individual ceramic palettes sitting in the mixing well. No wonder you didn't see it anywhere!!!
Love this blog ,, am going to inspect inch by inch...LOL ..
BJ