Friday, March 9, 2012

A little blue bird painting


I spent some time yesterday blog hopping. There is so much inspiration. I dont want to "copy" others, so I look for colors or styles that I like. Then I clear my brain...pull out what I have and PLAY
I wanted to paint with layers...starting out with sprays, I then added a layer of clear gesso
I layered on heavy bodied acrylics with my fingers. A bit of watercolor crayons,When that was dry I sprayed over stencils
I then used different pencils..one was water soluble, which I went over with a waterbrush.
After painting the bird with watercolors and acrylics I sketched lightly with a pilot pen.
It was so much fun trying something different, and inspired by others
I always paint with an idea in mind, this time I wanted to try the...
"hey, I'll see where this takes me" attitude
I am linking up with
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
and
Pink Saturday

12 comments:

Betty said...

Your "let's see where this takes me" attitude took you to a really fun place! Your little caged bird is adorable, as usual!

Blessings from Cindy said...

Laurie~
I'll bet this is much prettier in person and it is gorgeous online!! I know how your layering effects take a watercolor to a whole new dimension. I'm lovin' your projects coming so frequently. You are always an inspiration to me, dear friend.
Blessings,
Cindy

Unknown said...

And a beautiful job you have done. It is wonderful ...

Have a lovely PS weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

~Giveaway ends 3/15 ~

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Laurie, I love your bird in the cage! The colors behind it are wonderful. You really created a unique painting! It reminds me a bit of a birdcage I stitched on a small 5X8 tote I made for a swap. Keep on creating you talented lady!
Hugs,
Jann

Marti McClure said...

Laurie, I just love your piece of art, and love that you showed how you got to the final result. Just beautiful! Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

J.Rylie.C said...

So pretty! Come link with me with my Color Connection meme.

Broken Leg with a bit of pink. Have a great weekend.

Jeanie said...

Thank you so much for now only sharing a delightfully cheery piece but also showing your layers and steps. I sometimes get overwhelmed with layers and put the wrong thing down first! This not only enchants but gives great guidance! How fun to just start and see what happens!

Happy Weekend!
Jeanie from The Marmelade Gypsy

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Happy Pink Saturday
Positively charming and whimsical.
Wishes
Lynne
My Blog is Adorn @
http://lynnesbowsandbelles.wordpress.com/

Having issues commenting as this so used Stampdiva - sorry for the confusion!!!!

Lorraine said...

Love it!! Love the background, and the birdie is adorable~~ Happy Pink Saturday!! ♥♥♥ Lorraine

Ann said...

Oh the bird in the cage painting is gorgeous. I adore this-just beautiful.

Teena said...

This painting is beautiful, I love it! Happy Pink Saturday <3

iHanna said...

Really cute drawing!