Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Little Blue Bird Art Journal PAGE

I remember a few years ago I was "whining" that I wish I could draw and sketch..My daughter Stacey said "you can" just DO IT. So, from that day forward I sketch and sketch and sketch, in the process i wanted to learn how to watercolor, so I went in search of the best painter/teachers I could find, I wanted to take from them in person, so I could ask questions as they pertained to what we were being shown. I love watercolors, they are probably my favorite medium now. I've been taking a few online classes lately, I needed to work on my lettering...I still need to work on my lettering, with lots of practice. I can look at what I do, especially when I take a photo and put it on the computer, I can see things that I cant see while I'm working on it. I'm working on making my sketches my own work, I might be influenced by others, but the designs will be my own, thats important to me.

Anyway, with this new class with Junelle at Christy Tomlinson's blog. Its a whole new way for me to sketch and paint...I love it! I have more to show you in the days to come.

4 comments:

Susie Jefferson said...

I love this! It's adorable, so exhuberant, and your lettering is just perfect!

Blessings from Cindy said...

Laurie~
I will learn to watercolor...I will learn to watercolor...Love the lettering and the bird page. You continue to inspire me.
Blessings,
Cindy

Dandelion and Daisy said...

No, I don't have Lindsay's book. I thought about it. Do you have it, do you recommend it?

Chubskulit Rose said...

So beautiful!

Pink slippers, hope you'd come and see. Have a blessed Sunday!