Monday, February 7, 2011

Flea Market / Thrift Store Finds

I'll start with todays finds...this is a pretty little black vase that has a built in frog

Perfect for my just picked Camillia
For a minute I thought It was snowing...nope just spring blossoms

55 cents

I found out this is a pear tree


came across this adorable lamp...$4




I got the sheet music on the lampshade, I just need to get some trim to finish it





This little guy was also 55cents... I tore off the flowers

I've been looking for a wreath to cover in these paper roses
I better get busy, It will take a LOT of roses
I've seen quite a few on other blogs and thought it would look nice in my bedrood







Then there was the Sunday Flea Market in Irvine...love it!!
I found these beautiful pieces of lace

I thought I would show you a close up...it is sooo tight and tiny I cant imagine
how long it took someone to crochet this
Hope you enjoyed my days off with me.
it was 80 today...I'm not missing winter at all.



Heres the close up












4 comments:

Pamela Holderman said...

Some nice finds... I am always so amazed that leaves don't fall off the leaves in So Cal until about now and then spring comes right after. We are at least getting lots of bulbs pushing their heads through the dirt and that gives me hope! thanks for visiting my blog.
xo

The Cutest Cottage Lamps said...

Hi Laurie, looks like you have been to San Diego County - isn't it beautiful?!?! My daughter lives in Oceanside and I love visiting her there. Love your photos and seeing the things you do with your thrift stuff! Miss the snow yet?
xoxo
Marilyn

Adrienne said...

Oh, hush! Eighty degrees? We had a very heavy frost this morning! Love your finds - looks like your creativity is picking up steam, my friend. How exciting!
~Adrienne~

The Joy of Nesting said...

OMG Lit'l Miss,

I am so green with envy!! Look to the south see that green sheen? Yes? That's ME!!! Oh for one day at a Southern Cal. flea market! Heck any flea market would be wonderful!!!

Have fun you guys, all your treasures are quite amazing!
Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.