Sunday, June 1, 2008

Aged Beauty

I just love how this old shoe turned out.. I painted a bird nest and vine on both sides
What to do with all that wire...make shoe laces of course. I add a bead now and then
I tool a piece of copper and punched "nest" then aged it. Instead of ribbon, I thought a ribbon of wire was appropriate.
Heres the other side. looks like I need to add a few more glittered pins! I added beads to the ends of the wire.When I was finished I crackled it and then used metallic paints to shine it up. Love it! Let me know what you think

9 comments:

Lori said...

precious!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, that is the sweetest thing ever!!!! I love how you painted the nest on the shoe!

Hugs,
Amy

Alison Gibbs said...

I love this one. It looks so sweet with the nest painted on it and the copper wiring and nest tag is cute.
Alison

dogfaeriex5 said...

ok is this the most precious thing ever!!!!!! wow, you are awesome!!!
xox~kim

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh my gosh ~ that is the cutest little shoe ever !
I love it !!
xoxo,
Lori

Donna Lynn said...

So sweet! Another wonderful creation!!!

XO,
DL

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

so darn sweet!

Becky G said...

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely fabulous! I just love that baby shoe! So cool how you do what you do!

Unknown said...

That is simply adorable. Very, very sweet and precious. I LOVE it.