Saturday, April 19, 2008

Vintage Copper

I found another piece of copper, isn't this one beautiful!! I love the trim around it...and the handles...ooooh, what to do with this!!? I also got a ladle...ummm, how would THAT look on this?? I found this lovely Emily Post book. Next time I post, I will try to give you a little info. on common mistakes in etiquette, from 1939...oh how far we have come!! Also inside this book was a stack of old newspaper clippings of Emily Post...they are wonderful...I need to figure out something to do with them. I had more photos to show you, but blogger is misbehaving today.
The patina is so beautiful. I wanted to show you an old key that I have been playing around with, It was to bright, so I rusted it...so neat! Now I have a silver sugar bowl that I am trying to give a a blue-ish patina to...oh, and I wanted to show you my new tools. Please check back for more show and tell.

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is a beautiful piece. I love coming back to see what you do with them. You are so talented.

Donna Lynn said...

You are going to have fun with these finds!!!! Can't wait to see what you will create! Hope you are enjoying your weekend so far...
Bless you, Donna Lynn

SweetAnnee said...

Love your copper treasures!!
deena

Debbie Kay said...

I love the copper. Found your blog through A Thing For Roses whom I met in an antique shop in Temecula over the weekend. We both were at the barn sale @ La Maison Rustique. You gotta go in July, so many fabulous things. Really reasonable prices and beautiful bloggers that run it. Come see my blog for some pics....

Debbie Kay

Casa Mia said...

Love your treasure. Looking forward to your other treasures too.